“Keeping the spirit of the Gospel means that Catholic institutions are to bear witness in love to the full truth about the human person by providing social, charitable, and educational services in a manner that fully reflects the God-given dignity of the human person.” – Archbishop William E. Lori, Chairman, Ad Hoc Committee for Religious Liberty, on the “Freedom to Bear Witness”.
Fortnight for Freedom: Freedom to Bear Witness will take place from June 21 to July 4, 2015, a time when our liturgical calendar celebrates a series of great martyrs who remained faithful in the face of persecution by political power—St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher, St. John the Baptist, SS. Peter and Paul, and the First Martyrs of the Church of Rome.
Below are resources for your use.
- 14 ways to Celebrate Fortnight for Freedom
- Life Matters: Our Obligation to Protect Religious Freedom
- Domestic Threats to Religious Liberty ( En Español )
- Dignitatis Humanae – (Declaration on Religious Liberty 50th Anniversary ) Reflections for Fortnight for Freedom (En Español)
- Litany for Liberty
- Prayer Cards
- Prayer for the Protection of Religious Liberty
- Maria Immaculada – Patrona de Nuestro Pais
- Our Lady is the Patroness of all the Americas – and also of our unborn brothers and sisters.
- Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe
- St. Thomas More – St. Thomas More is the Patron of Religious Freedom
- Santo Tomás Moro – Patrón de las Libertades Religiosas