Take Action and Support Religious Liberty
In insisting that our liberties as Americans be respected, Pope Benedict XVI said that this work belongs to “an engaged, articulate and well-formed Catholic laity endowed with a strong critical sense vis-à-vis the dominant culture.”
If religious liberty is not properly understood, all people suffer and are deprived of the essential contribution to the common good, be it in education, health care, feeding the hungry, civil rights, and social services that individuals make every day, both here at home and overseas. We encourage you to stay informed and to insist upon what belongs to you by right as Catholics and Americans.
Visit the Religious Liberty page on the US bishops’ website for information, resources and ways to take action.
“God is love and in himself he lives a mystery of personal loving communion. Creating the human race in his own image . . .. God inscribed in the humanity of man and woman the vocation, and thus the capacity and responsibility, of love and communion.”115
“God created man in his own image . . . male and female he created them”;116 He blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply”;117 “When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.”118 – Catechism of the Catholic Church on Contraception (6th Commandment)
For Church Documents and Teachings, Articles, Columns, and Fact Sheets on contraception click here.
- Conscience Protection Act
- Urge Congress to Move the Conscience Protection Act Forward!
- Cardinal Dolan and Archbishop Lori Commend House Passage, Call on Congress to Enact the Conscience Protection Bill (July 13, 2016)
- Cardinal Dolan And Archbishop Lori To Congress: Government’s Coercion On Abortion Needs Immediate Remedy (July 7, 2016)
- USCCB Committee Chairmen Say Federal Agency Fails to Protect Churches from California Elective Abortion Mandate ( June 22, 2016)
- Forcing Abortion (May 26, 2016)
- Joint Letter to Congress: 26 Organizations Urge Passage of Conscience Protection Act of 2016 (April 19, 2016)
For more information visit USCCB.ORG